Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Vignettes

I love studying interesting vignettes that just look "right". Where the objects have just the right amount of coordination and tension to create interest and grab attention.



The antique screen in this vignette is so beautiful and sets a beautiful mood. Not to mention the gorgeous table, candlesticks, and settee.

This entire vignette is so interesting yet calming. All of the neutral colors used here work beautifully together yet create a sense of interest. If this vignette were used in an entranceway,
it would really get me excited about seeing the rest of the house!


The use of scale and drama in this vignette is so effective. The oversized tall lamps with the small oil painting and the use of contrasting colors. I also love the fabric on the chair and those trendy grain sack throw pillows.

Note: I have been saving pictures on my computer for years now and usually don't remember where they came from. If you know where they came from or if I "stole" them from you, please accept my apologies and feel free to let me know so I can give the proper credit!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Christine,
    Beautiful post you did! And the entry hall is so charming! It is definitely my style!

    Greet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine. Yes...I was terrified for a few seconds that I was going to own a very expensive little clock. I love all your photos. That's great that your husband is a contractor. We've been fixing up our old house over 17 years...I've kinda become the contractor! Best wishes, Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck in starting your blog. Nice beginning. Really lovely. I love these vignettes!
    Best,
    Coco
    Cococozy
    http://www.cococozy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I love your blog, you are off to a great start. Every one of these vignettes is beautiful. I created a temporary vignette this week to enter a contest at Velvet & Linen, you can read about it and see the pics at http://garvinweasel.blogspot.com.

    Best regards,
    James

    ReplyDelete